Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to make wine on-premise?
- Are the Bottles Included?
- How many bottles do I get from a batch?
- Do I need an appointment to make wine?
No appointment is necessary to start your wine. Just drop by the store, choose your wine and sprinkle the yeast to start the fermentation process. In 4-8 weeks your wine will be ready for you to come in and bottle.
- What if I can’t find my favorite type of wine?
- How long can I keep my wine before it goes bad?
Properly made wine should not ‘go bad’. Wines improve with aging, they reach their prime, and they slowly begin to decline. Grape variety, tannin levels, quality (price), and proper bottling determine the longevity of each individual wine. At a minimum, we expect white wines to improve for 1 year and reds for 2 years or more. Beyond that age, consider drinking them. Higher quality red wines may be wonderful for many years.
- What causes headaches when I drink wine?
Many people complain about headaches, especially from red wines. Sulphite is often wrongly blamed. A sulphur sensitivity usually results in either a true allergic reaction or respiratory discomfort, not a headache. For most headache sufferers it is like the presence of histamine-like compounds associated with the tannins in red wines that mimic migraine headaches. The best solution is to try low tannin wines such as Valpolicella, Gamay, or Bergamais. For more information on sulphites go to our sulphite page.
- What are sulphites and can they be removed from wine?
Wednesday and Thursday: 10:00 am - 6:30pm Friday: 10 am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 3:30pm Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
283 Broadway Orangeville, Ontario Canada, L9W 1L2